Wednesday Aug 5, 2015
Backbone In Depth
- Sometimes it's unclear why some things are capitalized and others are not.
- We HAVE to create an instance of the component before we can use it
- Still not sure what
- Pull up in annotated source
- Build two objects on the white board
- Pretend to do
- As far as JS is concerned all Jquery, underscore, backbone and other tools are just there to make JS function better and more user friendly?
- How often is Backbone used in the "real world"?
- Model vs Collection vs View
- Glue Code...?
- Scoping Queries and efficiency
- Not sure what this REST/RESTful API stuff means
- What is REST?
- Does backbone just provide a streamlined way to pull, modify, add, and remove data?
- What is a promise object? (.then)
Objects and Instances